“I’m afraid he might hurt me again.”

On Nov. 8 th a woman contacted police due to concern over her mother Narskelsky Angelean Pastuer, 52 (some reports say 54), who was missing. Also missing from the home was her vehicle.

Deputies began an investigation and searched her home. The sheriff’s department reported that a “significant” amount of money was withdrawn from her bank account through an ATM. But the person who withdrew the money was disguised. Police say that at some point they believe that her estranged-husband Robert Lee Pastuer, 47, had entered the home after she went missing.

Robert Lee Pastuer had a domestic violence protection order against him, preventing him from contacting Narskelsky Pastuer or going near her home. Allegedly he had threatened Mrs. Pastuer in April and in June she took out a protection order.  In her application for the order she wrote “I’m afraid he might hurt me again.” A case was due to go to court on Monday for violating that order, but the case was continued until Jan. According to sheriff’s statements Pastuer had allegedly told friends, coworkers and family over the last few months that he intended to kill his wife.

Early in December two men were out looking for scrap metal and came across an apparently abandoned vehicle. Detecting a foul odor near the car they contacted authorities. Sheriff’s deputies opened the truck of the vehicle and found a badly decomposed body which was later identified as Narskelsky Angelean Pastuer. Due to the degree of decomposition, identification was made through dental records. Medical examiners determined she had been stabbed multiple times.

The home was searched again and Robert Pastuer was named as a “person of interest”. But authorities say he was cooperating with them. Today Robert Pastuer was arrested and charged with 1 st degree murder for his wife’s death.

newsobserver.com      wral.com       newsobserver.com

wral.com      wral.com      abclocal.go.com        wral.com

I know I sound like a broken record. But if a protection order is necessary, you cannot rely on the person the order is against to obey the order. It is necessary to get yourself to a place of safety for a while. This is especially necessary if the person named in the order breaks the order and makes or attempts to make contact after the order is issued. Domestic violence shelters are available in most communities and are the safest place to be. Domestic violence agencies can also advise other safety measures that can be taken to increase safety.



  1. Soobs said,

    December 24, 2006 at 12:25 am

    Another sad story. It breaks my heart, so I come here sporadically. BTW Home, I love what you’ve done with the place!

  2. December 24, 2006 at 1:23 am

    LOL, just temporary decoration for Christmas!

  3. Becky J said,

    December 24, 2006 at 9:32 am

    Home, i dont think you sound like a broken record at all, i honestly believe that when one obtains a no-contact order the judge who signs it or someone anyway should go over a safety plan with the person, give them options, stratagies, whatever it takes, because most of these abusers are not afraid to break a protection order, they know that for the most part they will spend very few hours in jail, if they any at all, most will get out on O.R. and told by the judge “dont go near that person” and courts are so very busy these days that cases get shoved to the side all the time, it could be months before this person goes to court. If the law would take domestic violence more seriously maybe these abusers would sit in jail, or house arrest with an ankle monitor or some kind of tracking device until there court hearing!! But at this point domestic violence isnt seen as a big enough problem and jails are full so of course there going to let out those people, maybe if the surviving family members would file wrongfull death charges on the county they are in for allowing a violent criminal to be set free, if that happened a few times i wonder if things would start changing??

  4. December 24, 2006 at 8:39 pm

    Becky, IMO what it is going to take is for families of abuse and domestic violence victims to get together and organize. Then work for stronger laws- as well as stronger enforcement of those laws and education of the enforcers of those laws. And also work for mandatory counseling for both the abusers and the victims, as well as the children involved.
    As long as the enforcers (courts and law enforcement) keep treating DV as a ‘couple’s problem’ the problem will continue to grow.

  5. tannedleather said,

    January 23, 2007 at 8:50 am

    I am trying to find a way to leave. He told me he was involved with making an illegal substance before we met and got involved many years ago. he has been violent in the past but quit 8 years ago. Now that I have this imformation I really want to leave more than ever but he says they can now jail me for his activities and if they don’t it will be because I am dead already what can I do I don’t have enough money to run and hide and I don’t want to go to jail because I have done nothing wrong except fear that he and his buddies may kill me. Any suggestions?

  6. Becky J said,

    January 23, 2007 at 10:18 am

    U need to go straight to a domestic shelter, do not tell him where your going just go!!!!! dont worry bout being jailed for his actions, thats part of the control game, he is telling you that to make u fearful of leaving, you just need to go to a shelter, if you dont know where your local shelter is go straight to the police station or your local emergency room they will contact an advocate from the shelter and they will help you. you dont need money to go to the shelter, you can take your children, dont worry about your belongings they are replaceable but your life isnt. Please go right now. keep me updated i will be worried about you.

  7. Becky J said,

    January 23, 2007 at 12:06 pm

    Tanned, i also think you should notify your local law enforcement telling them what you are intending to do so that they can assist you with safety precautions, either by being in the area when you are leaving or actually escorting you to the shelter. Dont tell him you are leaving unless an officer is with you, just go. Drop everything you are doing and leave. Again i will be thinking about u. please keep me updated

  8. January 23, 2007 at 2:41 pm

    Tannedleather, leave the home and go somewhere safe. Then contact your local domestic violence shelter. As Becki said, don’t tell him you are leaving. Do not go back to the home unless you are postitive he is in jail. Make contact with police and request their assistance. What you tell them about illegal activity is up to you. But be honest with the shelter and make sure they are aware of any threats and/or violence you have received. They can help you not only with the shelter, but also with advocacy, advice and legal assistance among other things. Between the domestic violence shelter and the police they can help you get what you need to stay safe.

%d bloggers like this: